- 1 cup dry split red lentils
- 2 cups water
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 carrot, roughly chopped
- ½ sweet white onion, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons oat flour
- 1 tbsp flaxseed meal
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350. Bring water to a boil in pot. Add lentils and simmer until they are cooked through and water is absorbed. Drain lentils and squeeze out any excess water that they may be holding. (very important step!)
- In a food processor, blend lentils, carrot, onion, garlic, parsley, and lemon juice.
- In a large bowl, combine lentil mixture with flour, flax, and spices. Stir until well combined.
- Place parchment paper on a baking sheet. Divide lentil mixture into 8 even sized patties.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven, flip patties, and continue baking for 10 more minutes.