- 1-1/4 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 4 cups all-purpose or 00 flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon each dried basil, oregano and marjoram, optional
- 1/3 cup vegetable or olive oil
- Mix wet and dry ingredients. Stir until it begins to form strands.
- Knead the dough for at least 10 minutes until the dough becomes smooth and elastic.
- Let the dough rise for at least 2 hours.
- Punch down risen dough. Divide and roll out. Place toppings/sauce on top and then bake at at least 475.